Sebastian Scotney is the editor and founder of London Jazz News, an online site that publishes a daily ?ow of news, previews, reviews and interviews. The archive of published articles now stands at over 8,000 pieces, and the publication involves a substantial team of contributors. Seb is also a freelance writer who has penned reviews for the Artsdesk, liner notes for artists like Lars Danielson, biographies for musicians like Michael Wollny, and was a feature contributor to Jazz Line-Up on BBC Radio 3 from 2015 to 2017. I should also add that he loathes the verb “penned” yet I am using it in defiance!
– Marius Neset: World Song, Pt. I
– Maria Schneider: Braided Together
– Norma Winstone: Joy Spring
– Ruben Fox: J.A.Z.Z.
– Gwilym Simcock: King Barolo
– Richard Williams: https://thebluemoment.com/
– John Fordham’s writing for London Jazz News : https://londonjazznews.com/tag/john-fordham/
– David Haidu on Maria Schneider’s “Data Lords”: https://www.thenation.com/article/culture/maria-schneider-data-lords/
– Russell Davies on Duke Ellington for London Jazz News: https://londonjazznews.com/2021/06/17/duke-ellingtons-sacred-concert-alexandra-palace-17-july-2021/
– Birthday Wishes for Norma Winstone at 80: https://londonjazznews.com/2021/09/23/birthday-wishes-and-greetings-for-norma-winstone-at-80/
“The Insider” is a spin-off series with monthly episodes. Patreon members at the $10/month tier receive these episodes in advance of the general public. If you would like to support The Jazz Session, please do consider becoming a Patreon member over at https://www.patreon.com/thejazzsession