Drummer Terri Lyne Carrington recently released two albums, two books, and she’s curating an exhibit at Detroit’s Carr Center. In this interview, we talk about her Jazz Without Patriarchy project; New Standards, a book and album featuring jazz tunes by women; her live album with Wayne Shorter and Esperanza Spalding; and the many-layered exhibit she’s overseeing.
- New Standards Vol. 1 (album)
- Live At The Detroit Jazz Festival (album)
- New Standards: 101 Lead Sheets by Women Composers (book)
- Three of a Kind: The Allen Carrington Spalding Trio (book)
- New Standards exhibit at The Carr Center
Patreon supporters also get This I Dig Of You, on which this month’s guest talks about something non-musical that is bringing them joy. Terri Lyne talks about playing ping-pong against some well-known musicians. Listen at http://thejazzsession.com/join.
- Host & producer: Jason Crane
- Theme music: The Respect Sextet
- Logo: Sarah Walter
- Intro voice: Chuck Ingersoll