Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Drummer Terri Lyne Carrington recently released two albums, two books, and she’s curating an exhibit at Detroit’s Carr Center. In this interview, we talk about her Jazz Without Patriarchy project; New Standards, a book and album featuring jazz tunes by women; her live album with Wayne Shorter and Esperanza Spalding; and the many-layered exhibit she’s overseeing.
- New Standards Vol. 1 (album)
- Live At The Detroit Jazz Festival (album)
- New Standards: 101 Lead Sheets by Women Composers (book)
- Three of a Kind: The Allen Carrington Spalding Trio (book)
- New Standards exhibit at The Carr Center
Patreon supporters also get This I Dig Of You, on which this month’s guest talks about something non-musical that is bringing them joy. Terri Lyne talks about playing ping-pong against some well-known musicians. Listen at http://thejazzsession.com/join.
- Host & producer: Jason Crane
- Theme music: The Respect Sextet
- Logo: Sarah Walter
- Intro voice: Chuck Ingersoll